Attend the OPPA's Upcoming Education Event on April 17: Traumatic Brain Disorders - Neurobehavioral Assessment and Management
The Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association (OPPA) invites Ohio’s emergency physicians to an educational event being sponsored by OPPA in April.
Featuring: Ann McKee, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology & Pathology; Director Neuropathology Core, Boston University (read what Dr. McKee had to say in a recent Sports Illustrated article)
Overall Learning Objectives:
- Recognize symptoms of concussion; define post-concussive syndrome; and discuss what is known about the pathobiology underlying concussion;
- Review the typical anatomy and pathophysiology of closed head injuries, as well as the neuropsychiatric manifestations of closed head injuries;
- Describe the rationale behind concussion management techniques and recognize the criteria for return to sport from concussion;
- Differentiate pediatric and adult TBI in terms of epidemiology, mechanism, associated neuropathology and outcomes; and
- Discuss the neuropathological changes associated with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE and Chronic Traumatic Encephalomyopathy (CTEM) and the association with repetitive trauma.
Ohio ACEP Members can register for the same fee as OPPA members, by clicking on this REGISTRATION LINK.