Instructions for Collecting Contaminated PPE for Decontamination of CoV-2 at Battelle
Routine decontamination procedures have been established for N95 respirators. The procedure can be done up to 20 times per mask. Each mask will be marked each time it is decontaminated.
All items must be free of any visual contamination (e.g. blood, bodily fluids, makeup)
1. Your organization should create a collection station.
2. Each station should have one bag to collect N95 respirators.
NOTE: Bags are for listed PPE only; do not throw gloves, paper towels or waste in the PPE collection bags.
3. With a Sharpie, label ALL PPE with a three-digit site code and a 2-digit location identifier. The unique Site Code corresponds to your delivery address and has been assigned by Battelle. Your organization has designated the location identifier (2 digits) to correspond to a specific location/unit within your site. (see attachment for assigned site codes and site location ID)
a. Label respirators legibly on the outside OR inside, per your preference. See examples below.
b. Label face N-95 masks with agency initials, ie. Marion Police Dept. = MPD.
|____ ____ ____||---||____ ____|
|Site Code||Site Code|
|(Assigned by your Battelle POC)||(Organization Assigned)|
Preparation for Shipment:
1. Gather all boxes; complete one chain of custody form (provided by Battelle) per shipment, noting # of boxes.
2. Coordinate with Battelle to arrange delivery to designated location.
|N-95 Collection Site Codes|
|DYA||Findlay District Headquarters|
|DYB||Bucyrus District Headquarters|
|DYC||Cleveland District Headquarters|
|DYD||Warren District Headquarters|
|DYE||Piqua District Headquarters|
|DYG||Columbus District Headquarters|
|DYH||Cambridge District Headquarters|
|DYI||Wilimington District Headquarters|
|DYJ||Jackson District Headquarters|
|DYK||GHQ Fleet and Logistic Services|
Site Location ID
|Findlay||D1||Sheriff Office S1||Police Dept P1||EMS E1|
|Bucycrus||D2||Sheriff Office S2||Police Dept P2||EMS E2|
|Cleveland||D3||Sheriff Office S3||Police Dept P3||EMS E3|
|Warren||D4||Sheriff Office S4||Police Dept P4||EMS E4|
|Piqua||D5||Sheriff Office S5||Police Dept P5||EMS E5|
|Columbus||D6||Sheriff Office S6||Police Dept P6||EMS E6|
|Cambridge||D7||Sheriff Office S7||Police Dept P7||EMS E7|
|Wilmington||D8||Sheriff Office S8||Police Dept P8||EMS E8|
|Jackson||D9||Sheriff Office S9||Police Dept P9||EMS E9|
|GHQ||CL||Sheriff Office SL||Police Dept PL||EMS EL|